Sunday, January 26, 2014

Rotation


First, identify what counterclockwise means.  The way to remember is that counter means against.

Next, identify the points.  U is at (2,-2), A is at (3, -2), G is at (1, -5), then N is at (2, -5). The next part is a bit tricky and uses your knowledge about the quadrants.  So to go 90 degrees, I need to switch X and Y. and then because I went from Quadrant IV to Quadrant I, I turn all the negatives into positives. To go 180 degrees, I need to go from Quadrant IV to Quadrant II, so I need to switch their signs.  To go 270 degrees, I need to switch their signs and then switch X and Y.

In this case, I only want to go 90 degrees, so lets switch X and Y and turn them all positive.  U becomes U' (2,2).  A becomes A' (2, 3).  N becomes N' (5, 2).  Finally G becomes G' at (5, 1)


All that's left is to draw in the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment